Udayagiri Fort which is Located about 100 kms. From Nellore district Andra Pradesh.Udaygiri fort height is of 3079 feet. It boasts of great natural beauty with lush vegetation and beautiful waterfalls. Access to fort is only by steps and there is no road to the fort.The ruined fort is attracting the Tourists in a big way. However, the acccess is only by steps and there is no road to the Fort. During the rule of the Gajapathis and the Vijayanagar Rulers, this Town grew to great splendour.
The ruins of 365 Temples found in the Town reflected the sculputure and archetecture of various periods. The structure on the hill such as the Ranganatha Temple reflects Chola culture, the Balakrishna Mandiram reflects Pallava culture and the Paruveta Mandapam reflects Vijayanagara Culture.The Hill of Udayagiri is also popularly known a Sanjeevi Hills as there are so many medicinal plants on the hill. This place can be developed on par with Golconda Fort of Hyderabad. It is possible to introduce attraction like Light and Sound Show etc.,
Kandeleru Dam is an irrigation project built on Kandaleru river in RAPUR MANDAL ,Nellore district, Andhra Pradesh. Kandaleru Dam is located about 60 kms away form Nellore.The destination is also well connected for State Highway from Nellore to Kadapa via Rapur & Rajampet. It was constructed across the Kandaleru river.
This river originates in Velegonda hills and it flows across Gudur . This being one of the World’s Biggest Earth Dam with 68 TMC Water Storage spread over 11 kilometer which is supplying Drinking water to Tamilanadu is a Pictorious Spot with Hillocks and Forest around.
shSomasila is one of the biggest Irrigation Project in the Nellore District of Andra Pradesh.The project is envisaged to create Irrigation potential. It is constucted across River Pennar and is situated near Somasila Village of nanthasagaram Mandal, Nellore District. Since it is located in eastern ghats situated at the out skirts of the district.
The project was built in the tenure of Chief Minister N.T. Rama Rao. Penna Baddevolu is one of those villages and is located downstream of the Penna River. The Somsila reservoir serves water needs of total Penna delta and few more barrages located in the downstream across the river.Not only with the temple here, the village has so many attractions regarding water falls, some adventurous trekking and ashramam. . It is one of the most beautiful place in Nellore District and the winter is the best time to visit
Sri Ranganthaswami Temple in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ranganatha a resting form of Lord Vishnu.This temple, also called Talpagiri Ranganathaswami temple or
Ranganayakulu is one of the oldest temples in Nelloredistrict of Andra Pradesh . Sri Ranganthaswami Temple is located on the banks of the Penna River.RanganadaSwamy Temple in Nellore is more than 550years old.There are seven kalisams, which brings beauty to the temple. Every year during the month of March-April (varies according to Hindu calendar) grand festival is celebrated. These are called Brahmotsavam.
Medak Fort is in Medak district about 100 kilometres from the state capital, Hyderabad.It is a citadel built on a hillock that provided as a vantage point for the Kakatiyan rulers in ancient India.The fort was built sometime around the 12th century and during the reign of the Kakatiyan ruler, Pratapa Rudra and was called Methuku durgam, meaning cooked rice in Telugu.
It was a command post of the Kakatians and later for Qutub Shahis. The fort has great historical and architectural importance in Andhra Pradesh. Within the fort is a 17th-century Mosque built by the Qutub Shahis, granaries and remains of grand houses.The fort is famous for its architectural brilliance. Strategically located, the fort provided pre emptive advantage over invaders.
Medak Cathedral at Medak in Andhra Pradesh, India.The cathedral church of the Diocese of Medak for the Church of South India (formerly Anglican) since 1947. Originally built by Methodist Christians, it was consecrated on 25 December 1924. It is the largest church in Andhra Pradesh. The cathedral controls the Diocese of Medak, which is the second largest in the world and the single largest diocese in Asia.As the number of Christians increased, Charles Posnett raised a moderate structure in the Mission Compound in the shape of a church, but thought it unworthy, and early in 1914 laid the foundations of the present cathedral church, on 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) of land in Ghusnabad area.
When the people of Medak district were suffering from famine between 1919 and 1921, Charles Posnett helped them by employing them in the construction of the church instead of running a free kitchen. Construction went on for 10 years. Charles Posnett consecrated the church in 1924, thanking God for mitigating the sufferings of the people. When several Christian groups became re-united as the Church of South India, the church became the cathedral church of the diocese of Medak in October 1947.The cathedral is 100 ft (30 m) wide and 200 ft (61 m) long, and conforms to the Gothic Revival style. It can accommodate about 5,000 people at a time. The mosaic tiles were imported from Britain and are of six different colours.