Medak Cathedral at Medak in Andhra Pradesh, India.The cathedral church of the Diocese of Medak for the Church of South India (formerly Anglican) since 1947. Originally built by Methodist Christians, it was consecrated on 25 December 1924. It is the largest church in Andhra Pradesh. The cathedral controls the Diocese of Medak, which is the second largest in the world and the single largest diocese in Asia.As the number of Christians increased, Charles Posnett raised a moderate structure in the Mission Compound in the shape of a church, but thought it unworthy, and early in 1914 laid the foundations of the present cathedral church, on 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) of land in Ghusnabad area.
When the people of Medak district were suffering from famine between 1919 and 1921, Charles Posnett helped them by employing them in the construction of the church instead of running a free kitchen. Construction went on for 10 years. Charles Posnett consecrated the church in 1924, thanking God for mitigating the sufferings of the people. When several Christian groups became re-united as the Church of South India, the church became the cathedral church of the diocese of Medak in October 1947.The cathedral is 100 ft (30 m) wide and 200 ft (61 m) long, and conforms to the Gothic Revival style. It can accommodate about 5,000 people at a time. The mosaic tiles were imported from Britain and are of six different colours.